DBM Reflex offers a comprehensive line of engineering services for the development of your LED optical components.
DBM has the design capabilities develop optics with both incandescent and LED light sources. We also develop light guides paying particular attention to aesthetics while still meeting legal photometric values.
During the optical design phase, we go to great lengths to include this with both the mold design and processing conditions. Development is based on the proven DBM proprietary software “SIMOPTICS” and feasibility reports will include lit-appearance images and photometric charts based on SAE and ECE standards.
Since 2006, we have developed more than 100 custom optical lenses for various lighting industries, in compliance with the required specific regulations and standards.
Application engineering for mold design in partnership with customer.
- Flow analysis
- Gate geometry and location evaluation
- Draft analysis and modifications propositions
- Mold mechanisms and configuration study
- Cooling optimization
- Cycle time estimation
- Post-process operations considerations (industrialization)
- Press and shot size
From mould and part design to injection moulding process, all aspects of product lifecycle have to be thoroughly evaluated and understood.
Here are some examples of applications for which we have developed optical designs that meet the highest standards:
Architectural Outdoor using LED sources
- Type I, II, III, IV, V roadway and area lighting lenses
- Under canopy lighting with lenses
- Floodlights for horizontal, vertical and spot distributions
- Sign / Billboard lighting reflectors and lenses
- Landscape lighting floodlights for a range of lamp types
- Aircraft landing lights
- LED based aircraft identification lights
- Runway approach lights
- Airfield signal lights
- Temporary airfield identification lights
- LED based interior cabin lighting
- Minor surgical light with LEDs
- LED surgical headlamps
- LED based dental exam light
- Equipment panel indicator light pipe
- Syringe capsule illumination device
- UV based sterilization devices
- IR based radiant heat reflector